Social Health Service
Feeling sad or worried about things in life?
Don’t enjoy the things you used to enjoy?
Having trouble sleeping or eating?
Feeling disconnected from mob or community?
Using drugs, alcohol, or gambling to cope?
Experiencing homelessness or couch surfing?
Having financial difficulties?
Have goals around housing, work, or study?
Social Health: Strengthening Social, Emotional and Wellbeing
Are you or someone you know facing mental health challenges, struggling with relationships, or experiencing general social difficulties? Reach out to our Social Health team for a yarn. We provide support to enhance your overall wellbeing through a holistic approach.
Our Social Health team can help people who require assistance in the following areas:
- Mental health
- Social and family support
- Substance abuse and addiction
- Domestic and family violence
- Community support
Our team comprises of dedicated professionals committed to your care:
Our experienced case managers work alongside individuals and families, empowering them to identify their needs, establish goals, and access essential resources/services. We offer:
- counselling support
- cultural guidance
- assistance with housing and homelessness
- assistance to access legal support
- financial budgeting
- referrals to internal services, such as Family Wellbeing Service, while advocating for external services on your behalf when needed.
Our psychologists and counsellors specialise in understanding human behaviours. Working with clients, we explore their thoughts, feelings, and behaviours. Whether you require mental health diagnosis, support with relationship issues, assistance with grief and loss, chronic pain management, or motivation, our team are here to help you navigate these challenges.
Child and Family Psychologists/Counsellors:
Our dedicated child and family psychologists provide therapeutic interventions tailored to children and teenagers experiencing emotional and behavioural difficulties. Working closely with families, our team provide clients with effective tools/strategies to alleviate symptoms and foster emotional well-being.
Accessing Our Services:
You can access our support through two pathways:
- GP Referral: Book an appointment with a YBB GP and request a referral to our Social Health team. Our team will be notified promptly and guide you through the process.
- Self-Referral: Visit our clinic reception and request an appointment with a Case Manager. We are here to accommodate your needs and get you the support you deserve.
What to Expect:
Seeking support from our Social Health team is completely cost-free. Our dedicated Case Manager will reach out to you as soon as possible to schedule an initial consultation, addressing your immediate concerns and paving the way for improved emotional health and overall well-being.
Walk-in slots with a Case Manager are available across our three clinics:
Monday to Friday:
Slot 1: 10am to 11am
Slot 2: 2 pm to 3 pm